Saturday 10 September 2011

31 bass, 10 macky & 1 scad! 9/9/11

The first trip in a while since having the operation on my hand proved very worthwhile! A lot of time & fish to make up for.



About a 7 mile walk in a freshening wind saw more than any other session I have ever had. The sea was quite clear, which was surprising after the southerly/westerly winds that have been blowing onto the south coast. A gap of a day or so in between saw the only opportunity for me to get out. Clear water with just a small amount of weed floating about.



Nothing big, most around 2lb with the better ones going 3-4lb. Very spirited fights by all fish in a slightly choppy sea.

 
Natural coloured lures worked well -


Above, Tackle House Nodes in 150 & 130. Custom Feed Shallow Plus! An old lure that leaks, so sinks a bit, battered with a pearl coating.

 
Used my Hokkaido lures for the first time, worked well and fish landed on them, for the money what more can you ask? Very good lures with a finish to shame some of the more expensive ones out there. The local tackle shop in Weymouth, Chesil Tackle N Bait has them in stock.


Used the Trio that was stripped and cleaned! Well after this session, it has given up, worn away and knackered gears!Lol. New reel on its way in a couple of weeks, can't wait!

Ever wondered how close trawlers can come in the shore?


All legal........The distance & being legal to trawl so close in did surprise me, but the Fishery Officer said they weren't doing anything wrong.





2 comments:

  1. Nice session Rich, good to see you are able to get out there now and get back amongst the fish after the op. Shame about the reel after the service! :(

    All the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andy, the reel was Ok up until the last hour or so! Then the noises started.......Well you saw it a couple of weeks ago and running smooth.
    I think it is a one season only reel?

    ReplyDelete

Followers

About Me

My photo
My name is Richard and I have been fishing for over thiry years. Some might say I was born with a fishing rod in my hand. I have fished my way through chalk stream trout to beach fishing for cod, and of course living so close to Weymouth, one of the largest charter boat fleets in England I have to fish a few charter boat trips a year. I have had the pleasure of bass fishing in France to fishing the Atlantic surf of Co. Clare, Eire. My fascination continues with the sea and the casting of plastic trying to fool the fish to attack my plastic lures.