Wednesday 27 July 2011

Last few trips


Since the last report a few more trips out have been taken.

Fish caught, yes!

20th July 2011 - Nothing big though, all around a couple of lb, with the odd one going to 4lb.
The Feedshallow has paid off again in producing the takes, along with my first use of the OSP Rudra 130sp.
The OSP casts with no problems and in the colour I have (shad), it has an appearance in the water of a sands smelt almost. The action is good with working it as a jerkbait, wind, stop, pause & jerk, this allows the flanks of the lure to roll and act more natural.


The above picture shows the Rudra.



The feedshallow above is extremely worn, it doesn't take that many sessions to show the paint work fading on the lure. From new, I now coat all my lures in a clear resin to offer some protection & add to there life span.

26th July 2011 - This was one of those early morning sessions with so much hope!
Well the hope faded fast after a couple of early morning schoolies & mackerel.


What a difference a day makes!
I know the day before it was producing all through, couldn't get out though! The wind switched and along with it the fish to. Apart from the early couple of small schoolies and mackerel the day finished early and back for breakfast.





1 comment:

  1. Nice fishing Richard! I bought an OSP Rudra recently so nice to see it doesn't just look the part and has caught!

    ReplyDelete

Followers

About Me

My photo
My name is Richard and I have been fishing for over thiry years. Some might say I was born with a fishing rod in my hand. I have fished my way through chalk stream trout to beach fishing for cod, and of course living so close to Weymouth, one of the largest charter boat fleets in England I have to fish a few charter boat trips a year. I have had the pleasure of bass fishing in France to fishing the Atlantic surf of Co. Clare, Eire. My fascination continues with the sea and the casting of plastic trying to fool the fish to attack my plastic lures.